Here’s a delicious and simple appetizer that even your guests on
gluten-free, Ketogenic, Paleo and Atkins diets can enjoy.
- 24 mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings (pepperoni, sausage, bell pepper, onion, tomato, basil, etc.)
- Remove stems from mushrooms and clean mushroom caps with a damp paper towel.
- Place mushroom caps on a lightly greased baking sheet and fill with tomato or pasta sauce. My favorite is Trader Joe’s
- Top with mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and nicely browned.
TIP: If cooking for only a few people, use large Portobello
mushrooms to create personal sized crust-free pizzas. Bake the mushrooms for 5 minutes before adding toppings.