This Cauliflower Casserole was a big hit with my brunch guests while helping me to stay true to my ketogenic lifestyle. The recipe came from CavemanKeto.com, and I highly recommend his website for wonderful recipes to support ketogenic and paleo diets.
10 to 12 chicken thighs
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
16 oz cheese, shredded (I used a Mexican cheese blend)
6 green onions, chopped
6 thick slices of bacon
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake chicken thighs and shred or cut into cubes (I baked them in a large baking dish with a little water at 350° for 60 minutes.)
2. Brown the bacon and cut into small pieces.
3. Cook the cauliflower (I used the microwave on high for 5 minutes).
4. Sauté the peppers and onion slices until tender.
5. Combine all the ingredients (except 4 oz of cheese) in a very large bowl.
6. Press mixture into a large greased casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 350° and then five minutes more without the foil.
You can prepare the casserole ahead and refrigerate overnight, but let it sit at room temperature 20 minutes before baking.
Healthy, tasty and surprisingly simple, this recipe for Hassleback Chicken is one I will use again and again.
The simple description – cut slices in a chicken breast; sauté spinach, stir in ricotta cheese, and stuff the spinach and ricotta into the slices of the chicken breast. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, top with shredded cheese and bake. Mmm mmm!
4 chicken breasts
1 T olive oil
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
Spices to taste: recommend paprika, salt, pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, jack, mixed)
- Cut slices in a chicken breast every half inch or so.
2. Sauté spinach in a little olive oil for just a minute or two until wilted.
3. Stir the ricotta cheese into the spinach.
4. Stuff each chicken breast with the spinach/ricotta.
5. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Top with shredded cheese.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven.