Pineapple Dream is just that… a dream. Light and creamy and easy to make.
2½ cups graham crumbs
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
8 oz Cool Whip
20 oz crushed pineapple, drained well.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice to drink or use in another recipe.
3. Melt ½ cup (1 stick) of butter and stir in the graham crumbs. Press into a 9″x9″ square baking dish and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
4. Beat the cream cheese and ½ cup (1 stick) of butter until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
5. Stir a large spoonful of the drained pineapple.
6. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the baked graham crust.
7. Fold remaining pineapple into Cool Whip and spread evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
8. Sprinkle remaining graham cracker mixture on top.
9. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least four hours.
Most anything wrapped in bacon would probably be a hit, but these Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Treats are AMAZING!
If at all possible, you will want to use fresh pineapple. The convenience of canned pineapple just isn’t worth the difference in flavor and texture. For those of you who’ve never cut up a pineapple
before, let me reassure you… it’s very easy. I had never done it before either.
Cutting a pineapple:
1. Slice off the top and discard.
2. Slice off the bottom to create a flat surface and discard
3. Stand the pineapple upright and slice down each side, cutting off the spikes and leaving only the yellow flesh.
4. Now slice down each side and discard the core.
5. Cut the slices into 1″ chunks.
To make the Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Treats:
Wrap each pineapple chunk in one-half slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick. Place them side by side on a rack over a foil lined baking sheet. (You can place them directly on the foil, but they cook more evenly and drain better on a rack.)
Top each treat with a pinch of brown sugar, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so, until the bacon is crispy and browned nicely. Serve immediately.
Oh so yummy!!