2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
4. Stir eggs and mashed bananas into the butter and brown sugar mixture until well blended. If you are using nuts, add them at this point.
5. Stir banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then take out of pan and cool on wire rack.