This Cauliflower Casserole was a big hit with my brunch guests while helping me to stay true to my ketogenic lifestyle. The recipe came from CavemanKeto.com, and I highly recommend his website for wonderful recipes to support ketogenic and paleo diets.
10 to 12 chicken thighs
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
16 oz cheese, shredded (I used a Mexican cheese blend)
6 green onions, chopped
6 thick slices of bacon
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake chicken thighs and shred or cut into cubes (I baked them in a large baking dish with a little water at 350° for 60 minutes.)
2. Brown the bacon and cut into small pieces.
3. Cook the cauliflower (I used the microwave on high for 5 minutes).
4. Sauté the peppers and onion slices until tender.
5. Combine all the ingredients (except 4 oz of cheese) in a very large bowl.
6. Press mixture into a large greased casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 350° and then five minutes more without the foil.
You can prepare the casserole ahead and refrigerate overnight, but let it sit at room temperature 20 minutes before baking.