These quick and easy egg muffins are great for a brunch or for breakfasts on the go throughout the week. There’s no flour, so they are gluten free and great for Ketogenic and Paleo diets.
4 oz diced green chiles, drained
4 green onions, sliced
2 cups grated cheese
2 tsp of your favorite seasoning
(I use Spike Seasoning)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Set 12 silicone baking cups on a baking sheet and coat with
2. Put onions, chiles and a generous bit of cheese in each cup.
3. Beat the eggs and spices until well combined.
4. Carefully pour a little of the egg mixture into each cup, letting it
settle a bit and then adding more. Using a fork, gently mix the
ingredients in each cup.
5. Top with remaining cheese and bake until puffed up and nicely browned, about 25 to 35 minutes.
These last in the fridge about a week — well, not in MY fridge,
because I eat them sooner!
This is a slightly modified version of a recipe I found on
KalynsKitchen.com, a website I highly recommend!
This is a super easy, healthy way to make egg salad. So creamy and yummy! I’ll also tell you below the fool-proof way to make beautiful yellow-yolk hard boiled eggs.
6 eggs, hard boiled
1½ ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of cayenne (more to taste)
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
There are so many ways to make hard boiled eggs, and people swear by all of them. But if you’re like me, you haven’t found a way that works every time without getting the green rim on the yolk. Until now! I had heard of this method before, but since I tried it myself, I get perfect eggs every time.
PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS: Put the eggs in a large pan and cover them with water. Place the pan on medium-high heat and bring the water to a “rolling” boil. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and leave it on the burner 12 minutes. Then run cold water over the eggs until cool. Look how pretty!
Now, back to AVOCADO EGG SALAD:
1. Peel and chop six hard boiled eggs. Add the mashed avocado.
2. Add lemon juice, seasonings and sesame seeds.
3. Stir it all together, and that’s it!
This Chile Relleno Casserole is delicious and so simple with only five ingredients. Great for breakfast, brunch or any meal, and leftovers are yummy, too.
1 lb shredded cheese (Mexican cheese blend or cheddar)
1½ cups milk
½ cup flour
8 oz can of whole green chiles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9″x13″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and flour.
- Slice chiles open and rinse away seeds. Pat dry. Arrange half the chiles to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over the chiles.
- Cover with cheese.
- Repeat layers of chiles, then egg mixture, then cheese.
- Cut a chili to create a design on top if you wish.
- Bake about 50 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
For a creamier dish, substitute half of the milk with cream. You could also add any number of ingredients to this dish, such as bacon, red bell peppers, onions, etc. This Chili Relleno Casserole has become a breakfast regular in my house.