These quick and easy egg muffins are great for a brunch or for breakfasts on the go throughout the week. There’s no flour, so they are gluten free and great for Ketogenic and Paleo diets.
4 oz diced green chiles, drained
4 green onions, sliced
2 cups grated cheese
2 tsp of your favorite seasoning
(I use Spike Seasoning)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Set 12 silicone baking cups on a baking sheet and coat with
2. Put onions, chiles and a generous bit of cheese in each cup.
3. Beat the eggs and spices until well combined.
4. Carefully pour a little of the egg mixture into each cup, letting it
settle a bit and then adding more. Using a fork, gently mix the
ingredients in each cup.
5. Top with remaining cheese and bake until puffed up and nicely browned, about 25 to 35 minutes.
These last in the fridge about a week — well, not in MY fridge,
because I eat them sooner!
This is a slightly modified version of a recipe I found on
KalynsKitchen.com, a website I highly recommend!