These quick and easy egg muffins are great for a brunch or for breakfasts on the go throughout the week. There’s no flour, so they are gluten free and great for Ketogenic and Paleo diets.
4 oz diced green chiles, drained
4 green onions, sliced
2 cups grated cheese
2 tsp of your favorite seasoning
(I use Spike Seasoning)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Set 12 silicone baking cups on a baking sheet and coat with
2. Put onions, chiles and a generous bit of cheese in each cup.
3. Beat the eggs and spices until well combined.
4. Carefully pour a little of the egg mixture into each cup, letting it
settle a bit and then adding more. Using a fork, gently mix the
ingredients in each cup.
5. Top with remaining cheese and bake until puffed up and nicely browned, about 25 to 35 minutes.
These last in the fridge about a week — well, not in MY fridge,
because I eat them sooner!
This is a slightly modified version of a recipe I found on
KalynsKitchen.com, a website I highly recommend!
Between the cream and the bacon, you may forget you’re eating your spinach. This recipe is perfect for your guests who are following a Ketogenic or Paleo diet.
2 slices bacon
3 mushrooms, sliced
½ medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
9 oz bag fresh baby spinach
¼ cup cream
2 oz cream cheese, cubed
1. Fry bacon until almost crisp; drain and cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Over medium heat, sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic in the bacon drippings until onions are soft. Add bacon.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add entire bag of spinach.
4. Stir to combine, then reduce the heat to low and cover pan with a lid so spinach can steam 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add cream and cream cheese, and stir until cream cheese is melted and spinach is evenly coated.
This recipe makes about 4 servings. Multiply as needed.