Between the cream and the bacon, you may forget you’re eating your spinach. This recipe is perfect for your guests who are following a Ketogenic or Paleo diet.
2 slices bacon
3 mushrooms, sliced
½ medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
9 oz bag fresh baby spinach
¼ cup cream
2 oz cream cheese, cubed
1. Fry bacon until almost crisp; drain and cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Over medium heat, sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic in the bacon drippings until onions are soft. Add bacon.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add entire bag of spinach.
4. Stir to combine, then reduce the heat to low and cover pan with a lid so spinach can steam 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add cream and cream cheese, and stir until cream cheese is melted and spinach is evenly coated.
This recipe makes about 4 servings. Multiply as needed.
Quick, easy and tasty Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
1½ cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
6 oz. cream cheese
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Tip: I like to chop the artichokes while
they are halfway between frozen and
thawed — easiest to cut at that texture.
- Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender. Drain.
2. Heat cream cheese for 1 minute in microwave, just until hot and soft.
3. Combine all ingredients and stir well.
Serve hot, but it’s yummy cold, too.