Man-oh-man! Easy and delish! Only two ingredients (three or four if you add spices).
1. Trim the tough ends off the asparagus.
2. Cut bacon strips in half.
3. Wrap half a bacon strip around each asparagus spear. I had planned to secure with toothpicks but didn’t have any and found that the bacon stuck just fine on its own.
4. Sprinkle spices to taste. I just use garlic.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is done to your liking. Simple as that.
Note: By the time the bacon pleased me, the asparagus looked overcooked, but it was absolutely delicious and a big hit at my brunch. My son suggested baking it at 350 for 15 minutes and then using the broiler for a minute or two to see if that helps crisp the bacon without overcooking the asparagus. He’s such a gem. I’ll try that next time.
Printer-friendly recipe: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus